Saturday, 26 September 2026

Speech by the Director of IVI - CAIS 2026

 WELCOMING SPEECH


2026 International Conference on Artificial Intelligence and Simulation (CAIS 2026)
28–30 September 2026 | Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

 

Distinguished Guests, Esteemed Keynote Speakers, Distinguished Researchers and Academicians, Industry Professionals, Members of the Organising and Technical Committees, Ladies and Gentlemen,

A very warm welcome to the 2026 International Conference on Artificial Intelligence and Simulation – CAIS 2026.

It is my great pleasure and honour to welcome all of you to this important international gathering, here in Malaysia, and particularly to the Institute of Visual Informatics, Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia.

To our distinguished international participants, I would like to extend a special welcome. We are delighted that you have travelled from different countries and institutions to join us. Your presence truly reflects the international spirit of this conference and strengthens the opportunity for meaningful academic and professional exchange.

CAIS 2026 provides an important platform for researchers, engineers, academicians and industry practitioners to come together to share knowledge, exchange ideas and explore new possibilities in the rapidly evolving fields of Artificial Intelligence and Simulation.

The theme and scope of this conference are particularly timely. Artificial Intelligence is transforming the way we work, learn, make decisions and develop technological solutions, while simulation provides powerful approaches for modelling, testing, predicting and understanding complex systems.

The convergence of these two areas opens exciting opportunities.

CAIS 2026 therefore provides an excellent environment for discussing both fundamental research and practical applications. The conference programme encompasses a broad range of areas, including the foundations of AI and machine intelligence, applied AI and domain solutions, intelligent simulation and digital twins, robotics, virtual and mixed reality, human-computer interaction, visual informatics and knowledge engineering.

I believe that the true value of an international conference goes beyond the presentation of research papers.

A conference such as CAIS 2026 creates opportunities to meet new colleagues, establish research collaborations, exchange perspectives across disciplines, inspire new research questions and transform ideas into meaningful innovations.

In particular, I hope that our discussions during these three days will encourage collaboration between academia and industry. Many of the challenges facing society today are complex and cannot be addressed by a single discipline or institution. They require researchers, practitioners and technology developers to work together and combine their knowledge and expertise.

I would also like to take this opportunity to acknowledge and express my sincere appreciation to the conference chairs, general co-chairs, technical programme committee, publication committee, organising committee, reviewers, keynote speakers and all members of the supporting teams.

Organising an international academic conference requires tremendous effort, commitment and cooperation. Your contributions have made this gathering possible, and we are sincerely grateful for your dedication.

To all presenters, I encourage you to share your research openly and enthusiastically. I hope you will not only present your findings, but also take the opportunity to listen to different perspectives, engage in constructive discussions and identify possibilities for future collaboration.

To all participants, I encourage you to make full use of this opportunity. Ask questions. Share ideas. Meet researchers outside your immediate area of expertise. Sometimes, the most valuable outcome of a conference is an unexpected conversation that leads to a new idea, a new collaboration or even a new direction in research.

With these opportunities also come important responsibilities. As researchers and technology professionals, we must ensure that innovation is accompanied by responsibility, integrity, transparency and respect for society. Scientific progress should ultimately contribute to improving lives and addressing real-world challenges.

I hope CAIS 2026 will therefore be more than a conference for presenting research. I hope it will be a place where ideas meet people, research meets application, and collaboration leads to innovation.

Finally, on behalf of the organising committee and the host institution, I would like to once again extend our warmest welcome to all participants of CAIS 2026.

May the next three days be filled with stimulating presentations, meaningful discussions, new friendships and fruitful collaborations.

Once again, welcome to CAIS 2026, welcome to Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia, and welcome to Malaysia.

I wish everyone a very successful and memorable conference.

 

Thank you, and I wish you all a very pleasant day.

 

 

Prof. Dr. Riza Sulaiman

Director

Institute of Visual Informatics (IVI)

Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (UKM)

28 September 2026


No comments:

Post a Comment

Speech by the Director of IVI - CAIS 2026

  WELCOMING SPEECH 2026 International Conference on Artificial Intelligence and Simulation (CAIS 2026) 28–30 September 2026 | Kuala Lumpur...